We offer handmade oil paintings reproduction, inlcuding artist, fabian perez, leroy neiman etc.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may

'Shut the doors and draw the slide,' Wolf Larsen said to me. ¡¡¡¡I noticed an anxious light in Johnson's eyes, but mistook it for the native shyness and embarrassment of the man. The mate, Johansen, stood away several feet to the side of him, and fully three yards in front of him sat Wolf Larsen on one of the revolving cabin chairs. An appreciable pause fell after I had closed the doors and drawn the slide- a pause that must have lasted fully a minute. It was broken by Wolf Larsen. ¡¡¡¡'Yonson,' he began. ¡¡¡¡'My name is Johnson, sir,' the sailor boldly corrected. ¡¡¡¡'Well, Johnson, then,- you! Can you guess why I have sent for you?' ¡¡¡¡'Yes, and no, sir,' was the slow reply. 'My work is done well. The mate knows that, and you know it, sir. So there cannot be any complaint.' ¡¡¡¡'And is that all?' Wolf Larsen queried, his voice soft and low and purring. ¡¡¡¡'I know you have it in for me,' Johnson continued with his unalterable and ponderous slowness. 'You do not like me. You- you-' ¡¡¡¡'Go on,' Wolf Larsen prompted. 'Don't be afraid of my feelings.'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may"

Anonymous said...

Dance Me to the End of Love"

Blog Archive