We offer handmade oil paintings reproduction, inlcuding artist, fabian perez, leroy neiman etc.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Hylas and the Nymphs

Yes, mother; so I am.' ¡¡¡¡`Going to be?' ¡¡¡¡`No - I am married.' ¡¡¡¡`Married! Then where's thy husband?' ¡¡¡¡`Oh, he's gone away for a time.' ¡¡¡¡`Gone away! When was you married, then? The day you said?' ¡¡¡¡`Yes, Tuesday, mother.' ¡¡¡¡`And now 'tis on'y Saturday, and he gone away?' ¡¡¡¡`Yes; he's gone.' ¡¡¡¡`What's the meaning o' that? `Nation seize such husbands as you seem to get, say I!' ¡¡¡¡`Mother!' Tess went across to Joan Durbeyfield, laid her face upon the matron's bosom, and burst into sobs. `I don't know how to tell 'ee, mother! You said to me, and wrote to me, that I was not to tell him. But I did tell him - I couldn't help it - and he went away!' ¡¡¡¡`O you little fool - you little fool!' burst out Mrs Durbeyfield, splashing Tess and herself in her agitation. `My good God! that ever I should ha' lived to say it, but I say it again, you little fool!'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hylas and the Nymphs"

Anonymous said...

Hylas and the Nymphs"

Blog Archive