We offer handmade oil paintings reproduction, inlcuding artist, fabian perez, leroy neiman etc.

Monday, November 26, 2007

jesus christ on the cross

You will not marry me, Tess, and make me a self-respecting man?' he repeated, as soon as they were over the furrows. ¡¡¡¡`I cannot.' ¡¡¡¡`But why?' ¡¡¡¡`You know I have no affection for you.' ¡¡¡¡`But you would get to feel that in time, perhaps - as soon as you really could forgive me?' ¡¡¡¡`Never!' ¡¡¡¡`Why so positive?' ¡¡¡¡`I love somebody else.' ¡¡¡¡The words seemed to astonish him. ¡¡¡¡`You do?' he cried. `Somebody else? But has not a sense of what is morally right and proper any weight with you?' ¡¡¡¡`No, no, no - don't say that!' ¡¡¡¡`Anyhow, then, your love for this other man may be only a passing feeling which you will overcome------' ¡¡¡¡`No - no.' ¡¡¡¡`Yes, yes! Why not?' I cannot tell you.' ¡¡¡¡`You must in honour!' ¡¡¡¡`Well then - I have married him.' ¡¡¡¡`Ah!' he exclaimed; and he stopped dead and gazed at her. ¡¡¡¡`I did not wish to tell - I did not mean to!' she pleaded. `It is a secret here, or at any rate but dimly known. So will you, please will you, keep from questioning me? You must remember that we are now strangers.' ¡¡¡¡`Strangers - are we? Strangers!' ¡¡¡¡For a moment a flash of his old irony marked his face; but he determinedly chastened it down. ¡¡¡¡`Is that man your husband?' he asked mechanically, denoting by a sign the labourer who turned the machine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jesus christ on the cross"

Anonymous said...

jesus christ on the cross"

Blog Archive