We offer handmade oil paintings reproduction, inlcuding artist, fabian perez, leroy neiman etc.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

modern landscape painting

¡¡¡¡This morning, however, on entering his state-room to make the bed and put things in order, I found him well and hard at work. Table and bunk were littered with designs and calculations. On a large transparent sheet, compass and square in hand, he was copying what appeared to be a scale of some sort or other. ¡¡¡¡'Hello, Hump!' he greeted me genially. 'I'm just finished the finishing touches. Want to see it work?' ¡¡¡¡'But what is it?' I asked. ¡¡¡¡'A labor-saving device for mariners, navigation reduced to kindergarten simplicity,' he answered gaily. 'From today a child will be able to navigate a ship. No more long-winded calculations. All you need is one star in the sky on dirty night to know instantly where you are. Look. I place the transparent scale on this star-map, revolving the scale on the North Pole. On the scale I've worked out the circles of altitude and the lines of bearing. All I do is put it on a star, revolve the scale till it is opposite those figures on the map underneath, and presto, there you are, the ship's precise location!'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

modern landscape painting"

Anonymous said...

modern landscape painting"

Blog Archive