We offer handmade oil paintings reproduction, inlcuding artist, fabian perez, leroy neiman etc.

Monday, June 2, 2008

Picasso Card Player painting

``You, you, you!'' she cried, her lip trembling like a child's on the verge of tears. ``Isn't it you who made me give up divorcing -- give it up because you showed me how selfish and wicked it was, how one must sacrifice one's self to preserve the dignity of marriage . . . and to spare one's family the publicity, the scandal? And because my family was going to be your family -- for
-168-May's sake and for yours -- I did what you told me, what you proved to me that I ought to do. Ah,'' she broke out with a sudden laugh, ``I've made no secret of having done it for you!''
She sank down on the sofa again, crouching among the festive ripples of her dress like a stricken masquerader; and the young man stood by the fireplace and continued to gaze at her without moving.
``Good God,'' he groaned. ``When I thought -- ''
``You thought?''
``Ah, don't ask me what I thought!''
Still looking at her, he saw the same burning flush creep up her neck to her face. She sat upright, facing him with a rigid dignity.
``I do ask you.''
``Well, then: there were things in that letter you asked me to read -- ''
``My husband's letter?''

No comments:

Blog Archive