We offer handmade oil paintings reproduction, inlcuding artist, fabian perez, leroy neiman etc.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Leroy Neiman the jazz player

and cook his meals and keep his house tidy. I may have learned a thing or two in the years I been with his lordship, but only by picking 'em up accidental. He wouldn't confide in me any more than in his shaving mug."
"Then tell me the thing or two you've learned by accident," she insisted.
Thorold was an "But you know about our God? The God of the Church, the one they call the Authority?"
"Yes, I do."
"Well, Lord Asriel has never found hisself at ease with the doctrines of the Church, so to speak. I've seen a spasm of disgust cross his face when they talk of the sacraments, and atonement, and redemption, and suchlike. It's death among our people, Serafina Pekkala, to elderly man, but he was vigorous, and he felt flattered by the attention of this young witch and her beauty, as any man would. He was shrewd, though, too, and he knew the attention was not really on him but on what he knew; and he was honest, so he did not draw out his telling for much longer than he needed."I can't tell you precisely what he's doing," he said, "because all the philosophical details are beyond my grasp. But I can tell you what drives his lordship, though he doesn't know I know. I've seen this in a hundred little signs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the witch people have different gods from ours, en't that right?""Yes, that's true."

No comments:

Blog Archive